The internet is booming. But are people as ready to shop online or are they just content with ‘surfing’. Well many people do shop online and the number of people getting comfortable with it is consistently rising. This is because technology is improving and so is security on the internet. Security has always been one of the major concerns for people to keep away from online shopping. If this is overcome nothing could be better. russian grocery store
But inspite of all of this how comfortable are people buying “groceries” online? Let us see all the reasons that make them not so comfortable with the idea of shopping for groceries online.
• People feel the need to be present, check out the product etc when they buy. They find the need for it to be tangible.
• There is no guarantee of the quality of the item. What if it is rotten? What if there are worms?
• Can it be returned without any hassle? Is there a proper procedure to be followed for a reimbursement?
Well, all of these have not yet been perfectly established today. A lot of resources and investment is required to establish an online store. But, if you have a large customer audience it is worth it.
So, how can these stores make the customer experience a tad better? Maybe make them more comfortable with shopping for groceries online?
• The major reason people shop online is for convenience. Many people are busy at work all day and to go to a store after a hard day’s work could be a real pain. Everything is such a rush. What people want is for the groceries to be delivered at their doorstep. Few online stores have this facility while others require you to order online and then pick it up from the store. Even this is not too bad as it saves you the trouble of literally shopping and packing it. But, a delivery is obviously more preferred and has also been proved by statistics. Again a delivery is only feasible when you have a large enough customer base.
• Suppose there has been some lack on your part to deliver the right groceries, or the customer has made a mistake in the order; there must be a proper procedure in place to return the items.
• If the product is damaged or rotten or spoilt in any way, reimbursement must be provided.
Thus, this is everything a grocery store must keep in mind when they want to go online. It will not only be beneficial to them but also to their customer base. This in turn will garner more customers and consequently more sales.